Wednesday, September 7, 2011

pesto pasta with cherry tomatoes

Since we bought pesto for the pizza we now have left over pesto. What to do with it? 
Pesto Pasta. 
When you have left over pesto, the best thing to do is freeze the extra. Who wants to waste good pesto?




To freeze place pesto in Ziploc bag and pipe into ice cube trays. Freeze. Pop out and keep in a zip lock bag in your freezer. Just take out of freezer what and when you need it. :)  

As I was running around getting ready for our trip, I knew I had to make a really quick dinner. I boiled noodles, one minute less than than the box, then sprinkled with some parmesan cheese. I warmed up pesto in the microwave and poured over the noodles and added more cheese. 
Noah had picked some cherry tomatoes so we added those. 

I would normally use penne, but we had none....... so elbow it was. 
Picking out the perfect tomatoes from our garden. He looked real close. It was a hard decision :) 

This pesto pasta was good and easier than spaghetti. The clean up was a breeze also. That always adds an extra smile to my face. 

by alix 

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment