Monday, September 5, 2011

Farm Fresh Friday- Grilled Zuchinni Boats FIlled with Spanish Rice

Growing up, my Mom always made Spanish Rice and then hollowed out Zuchinni and roasted in the oven. I was always a fan of the Spanish Rice, but at that age not so much of the Zuchinni. Now, I love Zuchinni and while visiting my parents, my Dad pulled a massive Zuchinni out of the garden and a small one. I told him lets do the traditional one, but I wanted to gourmet one up on the grill. Try this, it's amazing!



  • 1 Box Spanish Rice - Rice a Roni
  • Zucchini - Hollowed Out
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1 tsp Soy Sauce
  • Garlic Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • Mozzarella Cheese - Enough to spread over top. Extra is never bad!
  • 1-2 Cups Chicken
  1. First, prepare Rice a Roni as indicated
  2. Add chicken after Rice is simmering for 5 minutes. Chicken can be grilled, boiled, roasted, in this case my parents had sliced herb chicken pre cooked from Walmart. Actually, I was surprised how good it was!
  3. Melt butter in microwave and then add Soy Sauce, garlic salt, and pepper
  4. With 5 minutes left on Rice, start grilling Zucchini hollowed out side down first
  5. Continually baste Zucchini with butter sauce
  6. Turn Zucchini and add rice to Zucchini
  7. Top with Mozzarella Cheese
  8. Sprinkle some of butter sauce over rice and cheese
  9. Remove from grill, eat immediately.

This is a very easy, but delicious dinner. My kids aren't huge fans of Zucchini, but they both ate this. The sauce that you grill the Zucchini with makes all the difference. You can use this on all grilled vegetables and you will be amazed. Enjoy!
Click card or  here to print 


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment