My sister Tiff is not a girl to sit on the sidelines or go shopping during a game. This salsa is what she always brings to the games. Even if the game is dull, this will spice it up. She has been making it for years and it has become a staple at any family event or party. I I love to make salsas and do a lot of different kinds, but for the salsa you just want to dip a chip into, this is it!
- 3 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 or 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 small white onion (quartered or small chunks)
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from 1-2 lemons or limes
- pinch of sugar
- a shake or two of cumin - Do it to taste....if not smoky enough add some more
- salt and pepper to taste
- -SECRET INGREDIENT: I add a 1/4-1/2 cup of whatever jarred leftover salsa is in my fridge (storebought). It just rounds out the flavors and gives a nice consistency
- Blend tomatoes in blender until small and little bit chunky.
- Pour 3/4 tomato mixture into another bowl reserving the 1/4 in the blender and add all the rest of the ingredients accept the store bought salsa.
- I usually quarter the onion or smaller first. Just throw the whole lot in together and give a good pulse. I then add as much of the tomato mixture back in and give a quick pulse to combine all the flavors including the jarred salsa. This will make a lot of salsa so have two good sized storage containers ready to go. Pour salsa into containers and stir in any leftover tomatoes mixture that wouldn't fit in the blender.
Important: Let sit in fridge for at least 8-12 hours before serving to allow flavors to mature!Pin It