Many of you might have seen this a few months back for football week, but I had to bring it back with a few new ideas I like to use. Last year I brought this to our work party and was asked again to bring it this year! It is a staple of parties, especially during the holidays, in our family. You can't beat a great
But, I am going to change it up a bit below and give you some different options to try with this same recipe. You'll definitely want to try some of the different variations at your next party.
- Different Cheeses - Sounds simple, but changes everything. Do white cheddar, parmesan, or your favorite cheese. There are 6 cheese blends at grocery stores you can use that taste great that are in a bag.Use smoked cheddar instead of regular and add bacon, real bacon pieces though!!!
- Add pimientos, very simple, but also a wonderful juxtaposition in taste.
- Add smoked Salmon, now you can use smoked cheddar as well. This one is great for a presentation spread. Add to your favorite cracker and serve on a tray versus in the ball form potluck style. Looks amazing and will impress your guests.
- Or just change up seasoning. Use a Ranch packet, or your other favorite dressing. Sure to change it up a bit without any extra work!
- 8 oz package of Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/8 tsp Onion Salt
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Cup Pecans, Almonds or your favorite - amount varies
- Mix all ingredients together except nuts
- On wax paper spread out finely chopped nuts
- Put cheese ball mixture on the nuts spread over wax paper and form into ball or log
- The nuts keep the cheese ball from sticking to wax paper
- Chill and we serve with Wheat Thins