Company in town for the holidays? Serve them these
Apple Sticky Buns for breakfast.
* warning: you might need to make multiple batches. They will go fast !
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening, margarine, or butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 2/3 c nonfat dry milk
- 1 egg
- 5-6 cups flour
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoon sugar or a little extra
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- nutmeg to taste if you want to change it up!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 4 tbsp honey. I did not add this time, but I think it would enhance taste
- 1 cup pecans or your favorite nut - did not add as we were out
- 2 apple finely cubed
- add yeast to water for 5 minutes
- add sugar, butter, salt, dry milk, egg to bowl
- add salt, 2 cups flour
- kneed with dough hook. Keep adding flour one cup at a time until it pulls away from the bowl
- grease bowl a different bowl, turn dough over to cover with grease, place in a warm place to double in size. punch it down.
- roll out thin or thick depending how you like them. This recipe is large enough to make 24 of these, you can half it for a smaller batch
- spread butter over rolled out dough
- add filling evenly
- roll up tightly and cut in half. Then those two in half. Now in thirds and you will have 12 evenly cut rolls.
- add all ingredients for sauce into pan and boil until sugar dissolves.
- there are two ways to do these, in a 9x13 pan or a muffin pan. Either way add sauce to bottom of 9x13 or evenly to 12 muffin tins.
- add rolls to pan and let rise.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done. let cool and flip over onto platter and enjoy!