Well here it is friends iheartfoodandsocanyou recipe. This amazing couple loves food as much as we do so we decide to do a recipe swap for all our wonderful fans. For the month of January, they decided to post delicious but healthy recipes to jump start the new year. Here's one that is incredibly easy and so very delicious. You know how sometimes you can taste the "healthy" in healthy cooking...well not here. The chicken tenders come out hot, crispy & flavorful and don't forget the creamy ranch dressing. You will love making this for your family or just for you:-)
B&K currently reside in Orange County, California. They enjoy cooking and baking together in their kitchen as well as finding restaurant gems in the OC. We are not acclaimed chefs or bakers nor do we pretend to be. We are two people with a small camera that love exploring food and enjoy learning how to make simple items extraordinary.
Chicken Tenders with Ranch Dressing
(Originated from Rocco Dispirito- Now Eat This!)
- 1 C Whole wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 C panko bread crumbs (preferably whole wheat but if you can't find it don't sweat it)
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 4 Large egg whites
- 8 oz (about 8) chicken tenders
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray (I used Pam- Organic Olive Oil)
- 3 Tsp ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
- 6 Tbl reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 Tbl low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Start by pulling out two shallow dishes and a medium bowl. In the first shallow dish, place the flour and in the second mix the panko bread crumbs with the poultry seasoning.
- Place the egg whites in the medium bowl. Using a whisk, whisk until the egg whites are foamy but not to where they hold stiff peaks.
- Place a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. *** Here's where the fun part begins. K would be very proud of my since I'm not a huge fan of touching raw meat haha.
- Place the chicken tenders in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Now place the floured chicken tenders into eggs. Coat them until they are completely covered.
- Once at a time, place the chicken tenders into the panko bread crumbs and coat each one completely. Place on the wire rack.
- While the chicken is baking whip together your ranch dressing by mixing the seasoning, sour cream and buttermilk together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The chicken tenders were delicious, especially paired with the ranch dressing. The dish is so good and pretty healthy too with only 198 calories a serving. Happy New Year everyone!