My sister is back in Salt Lake City :) I wish I could jump on a plane and go see her, but I can't :( So I thought I would make something in honor of her. Lion House's
Chicken Taco Pie.
This is a true Frye Family favorite and a very easy out of the fridge meal. Perfect for those back to school dinners.
Love you and miss you sis.
This version is not the exact recipe from Lion House. We like to do our own take on it with some of the seasoning.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tb Chili Powder or to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne if you want a kick
- 3 cans (10.5 oz) of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6-8 corn or flour tortilla
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- pre heat oven to 350
- warm up pan and brown onion till opaque and tender
- add cream of mushroom soup, salsa, and sour cream
- add seasonings
- heat until smooth then add chicken
- place oil in little bowl and dip your fingers in it. Spread on half of the tortillas. Tear them apart and lay at bottom of 9x13 casserole dish
- spread half the chicken mixture over top
- do another tortilla layer, then chicken layer
- sprinkle top with cheese and a little chili powder
- bake 30 minutes until cheese is melted