Wednesday, April 4, 2012

lemon blueberry coffee cake


Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake 
Every year I try to have a thanksgiving brunch, but this year that got put on hold because of baby. 
 I had an Easter Brunch instead. 
As always, I stress over what I should make for such an occasion. I love blueberry's and cake. I was going to make a blueberry/raspberry jiffy coffee cake ( which is very good) but I wanted a little more homemade for this occasion. I stumbled across a blog which caught my eye...probably because of the name :)  She had this recipe on here that I had to try. It was delicious. But even more important, I had a great time feeding and chatting with my friends.   



  • ½ cup butter
  • 2 tsp. lemon zest 
  • 3/4 cup and 1 T sugar 
  • 1 T sugar (set aside)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour 
  • 1/4 cup flour (set aside) 
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp.  salt
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • ½ cup buttermilk
  1. Heat oven to 350 
  2. Zest lemon 
  3. Rinse blueberries and mix with 1/4 c flour 
  4. Cream butter, zested lemon, and 3/4 + 1 T sugar until light and fluffy 
  5. Add eggs and Vanilla 
  6. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt 
  7. Mix in buttermilk 
  8. Fold in blueberry mixture. 
  9. Sprinkle 1 T Sugar on top 
  10. Bake in 8x8 or 9x9 pan for 30-40 minutes 

* tossing the blueberries in the flour coats the berries so they incorporate evenly and don't just fall to the bottom. 

Adopted from alexandra cooks  check her out, she has a wonderful name and some great recipes 
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment