This has become a family favorite from the first time it hits your mouth.
This is a recipe that a friend gave my mom so I am not sure who to give all the credit to. This is so wonderful and great for a crowd. It will impress any of your friends with little effort at all.
- 1 pork shoulder roast or tenderloin
- Cover 1/2 way with water cover place in crock pot for 4 hrs.
- Drain then pull apart.
- Add: 16 oz salsa ( we like pico de gillo salsa)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 can coke
- Cook 3 more hours.
- Add cumin chipotle paste if you want
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2T white vinegar
- 2T water
- 1/2 t salt and pepper
- Blend together
- 1 cup of rice
- Cut 1/2 cup onion and cook in oil or butter till it turns clear.
- Add rice and brown
- Add desirable amount of water and squeeze in 1/2 lime juice
- Cook according to rice directions
Pile everything into a tortilla. Add salsa, avocado, and cheese. This is also good over chips. ENJOY!!!
The pork can be made days ahead and re-heated in the oven or crock-pot. It also freezes well, so you can can have dinner for two nights.