First of all my apologizes for a month of no posts. My infant has been sick. -sad face -
But on the bright side I found a delicious and even better EASY artisan bread recipe that I cook in my cast iron pot that I'm in love with. It even turned out the first time AND was picture perfect.
I was going to do a bunch of experimenting with mix ins but my yeast was being weird.
Anyways.... On to the recipe.
• 3 cups flour
• 1 3/4 t salt
• 1/2 t yeast
• 1 1/2 c water
1. Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl ( I use my kitchen aid bowl)
2. Add water and gently mix in with wooden spoon or spatula - will be super sticky and goopy
3. Cover with suran wrap and place on counter for 12-18 hours.
See easy easy easy. I would do this at 10:30 before I went to bed...yes total procrastination.
4. Heat oven to 450 and place for cast iron enamel pot with lid in for 30 mins.
Le cruset, Costco has a good one , Paula dean
5.flour a tea towel and place goopy bread dough on it. Cover with wrap for the 30 mins the pot is heating up.
6. CAREFULLY remove the pot. And place dough in pot. Don't oil the pan.
7. Cook at 450 for 30 mins then take off lid and cook for 15 more.
8. Pull put beautiful bread and be ridiculously proud of yourself.
- You can double recipe just cook in two different pots.
I make them in two different bowls because I only have one pot. And since the rising process is 12-18 hours I have enough time for one to cook before I do the other.
- mix ins I did accomplish
1. Garlic and rosemary.
Add three cloves finly chopped garlic and 2 springs finly chopped rosemary. Add into goopy dough before the 12 hour rise.
2. Garlic and cheddar.
Add 2 cloves chopped garlic and a hardy handful graded cheddar cheese. I use the big block from Costco.
Tell me all your add ins. I'm going to experiment more also and let you know what I find.